The AUF and the KIX Africa 21 Center are launching a call for projects in education on the theme “Strengthening the robustness, equity and resilience of education systems through the use of digital technology”.
Responses to this call should both contribute to a better understanding of the situation of education systems (basic and secondary education) at the end of the health crisis and propose lasting strategies to strengthen robustness, equity and resilience of the education systems considered by mobilizing digital technologies in a relevant way.
The context of the global health crisis has led to a situation that some consider unprecedented in the history of modern education. Even if the time for assessments is yet to come and the data available on the effects of the measures which accompanied the successive waves remain limited, the urgency today is to reflect on how governments can overcome the shocks caused by the pandemic while laying the foundations for more robust education systems, more equitable and more resilient in the face of deep crises such as the global COVID-19 pandemic, but also in the face of other major events likely to deeply disrupt the functioning of education systems.
It is in this perspective that the call for research projects proposed by KIX Africa 21. This program is piloted by the consortium made up of theUniversity Agency of La Francophonie CONFIRM andInternational Organization of La Francophonie (OIF) through its subsidiary body theFrancophonie Institute for Education and Training (IFEF). "
For future project leaders, it is a question of proposing to States strategic avenues that will enable them to build education systems combining robustness, equity and resilience by relying on mobilizing approaches and tools, when they are relevant and accessible. , digital resources. The object is not to propose fleeting and temporary crisis exit mechanisms, but to consider sustainable solutions to identify medium and long-term development lines.
Criteria for submitting an application
The tenderer must belong to a university of one of the countries concerned by KIX Africa 21 and have the status of teacher-researcher or an equivalent status. It will constitute a partnership bringing together university laboratories from at least two KIX Africa 21 countries, for which it will coordinate.
The coordinating tenderer will be responsible for coordinating the research, ensuring the submission of interim and final reports, the justification and the distribution of the budgets allocated to each of the partners.
The head of the higher education institution to which the selected project leader is attached will be the signatory of the financing agreement.
Any question regarding this call should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research proposals must be submitted no later than December 15, 2021 at midnight GMT.
Maximum amount of the grant: 32.000 euros per project
Period covered by the grant: from March 2022 to May 2023
Constitution of the file
Submission is only made by email to the following address: email@example.com
The information must be provided in four separate files, in a single submission:
- Le project summary : On 3 pages maximum, include the subject of the project (title), the summary, a brief justification, the person in charge for each of the universities concerned, the name of the coordinator.
La project description : On 10 pages maximum, indicate in the following order:
- The rationale for the project and the description of goals
- The presentation of methodological aspects and research instruments (conceptual framework, data collection methods, data analysis mode, etc.)
- Un execution schedule precise based on a monthly schedule
- Un budget detailed research project specifying possible self-financing and requested financial participation
- A information sheet relating to the coordinator and to each of the partners: It will contain in particular for each of the universities concerned the curriculum vitae (three pages maximum) and the presentation of the other members of the team.
- A engagement letter: It is signed by the person in charge of the attachment structure of the submitting teacher-researcher and guarantees that the latter is authorized to propose the project on behalf of his university.
Find the call for applications here.