UNESCO is co-organizing, with the French government, the high-level segment of the Global Education Meeting at its headquarters in Paris and online (click to watch the meeting), November 10, 2021 from 14:30 p.m. to 18:30 p.m. (Paris time).
- Concept note (updated)
- Reference document
- Paris Declaration: A Global Call to Invest in the Futures of Education
- Are you participating online? Please follow the webcast
- Are you attending in person at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris? Please complete the registration form here
- The entrance is located at 125 Avenue de Suffren - 75007 Paris
- No one (except those accompanying the Heads of State and Government) may enter Room 2 without a badge.
- Badges will be available for registrants from 11 a.m. at the entrance to UNESCO Suffren.
- Lunch tickets will be provided at the same time (up to three per delegation).
The high-level segment aims to create global political momentum to raise the profile of education and its investment imperative. It will adopt the “Paris Declaration” to renew the commitment of national and international leaders to invest in education - nationally and internationally - and accelerate progress towards Sustainable Development Goal 4 (quality education).
During the meeting, the High Level Steering Committee for SDG 4 will be officially launched. This renewed global cooperation mechanism will play a central role in monitoring the progress of member states and the contributions of international actors, and recommend priority actions for education.
The event will be held at UNESCO Headquarters and online with interpretation in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Russian. Find all the information here.