Training aims :
This training is organized with the aim of strengthening the capacity of young leaders in Africa to contribute to the construction of peace; to empower young people for the prevention of violence; and promote a culture of peace, mutual understanding and respect among peoples.
Its specific objectives are as follows:
- Strengthen critical reflection on the role of young people in building peace and preventing violence through education;
- Introduce transformative pedagogy to strengthen understanding and critical skills, as well as collaborative actions among young people to promote peace building;
- Strengthen the capacities of young people to develop educational programs to promote dialogue, understanding and mutual respect in their communities; and
- Provide examples of youth-led experiences and actions, as well as good practices in youth empowerment and mobilization.
- Plan at the national level the mobilization of young people and the dissemination of cascading training.
Training is planned October 4 to 7, 2021, 14 p.m. to 17 p.m. (Paris time / Central African time), for Arabic and French speaking participants.
Each session will last three hours, allowing exploration of a specific topic of the course and virtual engagement in interactive activities and dialogue sessions.
Target countries: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Mali, Niger, Tunisia and Senegal.
To register :
For more information:
This training is offered byUNESCO International Institute for Capacity Building in Africa (IICBA) and funded by the Government of Japan as part of the Tokyo International Conference for African Development (TICAD). TICAD was first held in Africa during its XNUMXth session in Kenya, reaffirming its commitment to promote strong and sustainable economies, inclusive and resilient societies, as well as peace and stability in Africa.