In partnership with UN Women, the French and Canadian Embassies are organizing a Village of Initiatives Tuesday June 15 at the House of Urban Cultures of Dakar, which will be an opportunity to highlight innovative projects in the defense of women's rights. In connection with the action themes of the Generation Equality Forum, 6 laureates will receive an Innovation Prize, celebrating their respective commitments to:
- Information and Communication Technologies -Ndeye Biteye, headmistress Simplon Senegal
Simplon Senegal is a solidarity social organization that trains women and young people in digital professions and supports them in employment.
- Environment -Hadiatou Camara, responsible of Green Holidays
Hadiatou Camara is a journalist specializing in feminist and environmental issues. She coordinates the Green Holidays initiative, which launched the “One Woman, One Tree” project.
- Fight against violence -Yacine Diouf, project manager Kayam
Kayam is a reception center for women victims of Gender-Based Violence, specializing in the care of victims of domestic violence.
- Movement and leadership -Lamba ka, community manager at AfricInnov
Lamba Ka is the founder of Women's Incub and the Makesense platform.
- Justice and economic rights -Fatou Niang NDIAYE, director of Women's Investment Club
- DSSR - Christine Kiné Sarr, responsible for Shedecidesenegal project
SheDecidesSenegal is an organization to sensitize young girls to menstrual hygiene.